Click on the basket to add a miniature to your basket.
<< Previous 10 | Next 10 >>

ImageDescriptionPrice   In basket

The Penha Building (Heerenstraat 1, Curacao), located in the heart of historic Willemstad, was constructed in 1708 from bricks made in the IJssel region that had been used as ballast aboard ships of the Dutch West Insdies Company. The arched galleries on the fa?ade of the building were not added until later. After 1877, the building became the property of the Penha family that established its shop in the ground floor around 1903.<br><br>Until 1956, the first floor accommodated the 'Soci?teit de Gezelligheid', a social club where prominent members would meet on what it called the 'Balcony Overlooking the Harber'.<br><br>The Penha Building contributed much to placing Willemstad on the UNESCO World Heritage List and has been used for decades as an accommodation for the famous PENHA perfunery. KLM miniature number 85 25,- 20,-  
AMSTELVEEN, August 31, 2005 - KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will celebrate its 86th anniversary in true tradition with the introduction of a new Delftware miniature. The Delftware miniatures are usually replicas of historical buildings located in the Netherlands. The Teylers Museum in Haarlem was selected for the 86th house because it is the oldest museum in the Netherlands. A first copy of the miniature will be presented to Mrs. Scharloo, curator of Teylers Museum, by Mr. Varwijk, Senior Vice President & Area Manager Western Europe on the occasion of KLM’s 86th anniversary on October 7, 2005.

KLM has been presenting the Delftware miniatures filled with Bols Dutch gin to its World Business Class passengers on intercontinental flights since the 1950s. The collection has grown in sync with KLM’s anniversary since 1994, with a new house being added each year. The Delftware miniatures have become highly prized collectors items in the Netherlands and abroad.

The museum was named after Pieter Teyler van der Hulst (1702-1778), an influential cloth and silk manufacturer based in Haarlem. As a representative of the Age of Reason, he was enormously interested in art and science. He collected avidly in both areas in the belief that knowledge would enrich human nature. In his will he therefore specified that his riches were to be used to establish a foundation in support of art and science, amongst other objectives. The executors of Teyler's will decided to build a special space in which objects related to art and science could be unified. The books were meant for studies, the physics equipment was used for demonstration purposes, and the drawings were the subject of debate during art reviews. A decision was soon reached to open the collections for public viewing.

In cooperation with the British Museum in London and the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, Teylers Museum will be presenting a selection of ninety Michelangelo drawings between October 6, 2005 and January 8, 2006. This marks the first time in history when works from these three collections will be available together for viewing. The most commonly exhibited drawings are preliminary studies of well-known building and painting commissions in Rome and Florence. The Sistine Chapel in Rome is at the heart of the exhibition with works from the ceiling frescos and the mural of the Last Judgment. KLM miniature number 86 25,- 20,-  
AMSTELVEEN, October 9, 2006 – KLM Royal Dutch Airlines celebrated its 87th anniversary in true tradition on October 7, 2006, with the presentation of a new Delftware miniature. The Delftware miniatures are replicas of Dutch historical buildings. The Peperhuis (Pepper House) on the Wierdijk in Enkhuizen was selected as the 87th miniature. Mr. Rob van Hijfte,Vice President Cabin Inflight Management, officially presented the first copy of the new house to Mr. Erik Schilp, managing director of the Zuiderzee Museum.

The Peperhuis is the oldest building of the Zuiderzee Museum. The first stone was laid in 1925 at the behest of shipping merchant Pieter van Berensteyn, who lived and worked in the Peperhuis. In 1682, the Enkhuizen Chamber of the Dutch East India Company (Verenigde Oostindische Compagnie – VOC) purchased the building for 2,600 guilders and began using it as a warehouse.

KLM has been presenting the Delftware miniatures to its World Business Class passengers on intercontinental flights since the 1950s. The collection has grown in sync with KLM’s anniversary since 1994, with a new house being added each year. The Delftware miniatures have become highly prized collectors items in the Netherlands and abroad.

History of the house
The Peperhuis consists of two adjoining parts. The front of the building faces the Wierdijk and the other side the Oosterhaven. Van Berensteyn occupied the front section. The double stepped gable of the Peperhuis on the Wierdijk is impressive for several reasons. The central plaque shows an image of the herring harvest, accompanied by the old, economic adage “nothing ventured, nothing gained.” A striking feature in the building’s façade is the green door on the first floor. This was not the door to the warehouse, but led to the home of Pieter van Berensteyn. An extended stone staircase – long since vanished – provided access to the house. A monogram of the Enkhuizen Chamber of the VOC can be seen at the back of the building.

Like most VOC warehouses, the Peperhuis did not only serve as storage space. Colonial goods were also unpacked, weighed, sorted and prepared for twice-yearly auction. The Peperhuis has served numerous purposes after the VOC was disbanded in 1798. It has been used as a naval hospital and as a warehouse for cheese and seeds. It served the latter purpose until 1946, when the Royal Sluis & Groot Seed Growers and Traders Company donated the building to the Friends of the Zuiderzee Museum. KLM miniature number 87 25,- 20,-  
AMSTELVEEN, 8 October 2007 – A new KLM Delft Blue house is being issued to mark our 88th anniversary on October 7. The building selected to be the 88th KLM House is ‘t Lootsje on the Rozengracht in Amsterdam. The Delft Blue miniature houses are all replicas of historical Dutch buildings and are filled with Bols Jonge Jenever. The first “House 88” will be presented by Bart Vos, EVP Inflight Services, to Mr. Huub van Doorne, CEO Lucas Bols.
From 1575, ‘t Lootsje on the Rozengracht, Amsterdam, was the home of the Bols liqueur and jenever distillery and tasting room. Bols is the oldest Dutch company still operating and the world’s oldest distillery brand.

The Delft Blue houses have been presented by KLM to our World Business Class passengers on intercontinental flights since the 1950s. Since 1994, the number of houses in the collection has matched the age of KLM. Every year a new house is added to the collection and they have become popular collectables both at home and abroad.

History of ‘t Lootsje
Lucas Bols headed the Bols company between 1678 and 1719 and turned it into an internationally renowned brand. As a major shareholder in the Dutch East India Company (VOC) he had first choice of exotic herbs and spices which he used to make almost 300 different liqueurs and jenevers.
The drinks became so popular that the company had to keep expanding, buying the buildings on either side. In 1892 a canopy appeared above the entrance to the tasting room ‘t Lootsje and the neck gable became a stepped gable. A decade later Eduard Cuypers designed a long facade for all the Bols buildings. The front of the tasting room at No. 99 remains unchanged to the present day. KLM miniature number 88 25,- 20,-  
AMSTELVEEN, 8 October 2008 – A new KLM Delft Blue house is being issued to mark our 89th anniversary on October 7. The building selected to be the 89th KLM House is The Secretarishuisje (town clerk’s house) at Muurhuizen 109 in Amersfoort. It was built in the first half of the 16th century on the foundations of the first wall. It is a typical wall house and is one of a ring of medieval houses in the city centre.

Almost every period since then has left traces on its façade. The masonry and wall anchors date from the late Middle Ages. During the early 17th century, the house was ‘updated’ with various Renaissance elements. It was purchased by Jan Both Hendriksen, the town clerk, in 1776 and has been known since then as the Secretarishuisje.

The typically 18th-century sash windows and the front door with the beautifull Rococo knob date from this time. During the 19th and 20th centuries, the house fell into disrepair.

In 1953, it came into possession of the Municipality of Amersfoort and was restored by architect C.W. Royaards. The house is currently being rented to city dwellers. KLM miniature number 89 25,- 20,-  
Wester-Amstel
<p>The 'Wester-Amstel' country house is located on the west bank of the river Amstel in Amstelveen - also the location of KLM's headquarters.<br />
Wester-Amstel is one of the oldest surviving merchant mansions in Holland, built in 1662 by Nicolaas Pancras, mayor of Amsterdam and board member (Heeren XVII') of the Dutch East India Company.</p>
<p>Pancras modelled Wester-Amstel on the predominant 'lang romp' (long hull) farm houses.<br />
The front served the wealthy merchant family as a summerhouse, while the rear was used for stables and servants' quarters. The surrounding gardens provided fruit, vegetables and firewood as well as a place for a pleasant stroll.</p>
<p>The modest design provided durable. Wester-Amstel survived economic downturns through its conversion to a country inn.The estate was bought in 1900 by Dutch travel agency founder Jacques Lissone, who converted it back into a family home. His descendants opened the gardens to the public. The house is now used for art exhibitions and festive gatherings.</p> KLM miniature number 90 40,- 30,-  
The Building located at 175 Badhuisweg was built in 1895. It is located in an urban conservation area known as Westbroekparkweg and Belgische Park, the latter being a 19th-century villa park in the Hague. The villa was built in the 'eclectic style': architecture chracterised by its combination of neo-styles. The building was altered and expanded several times. The architect of the house is F.A. Koch (1864 - 1935). The government of the Netherlands Antilles purchased the building in 1955. It has served as the residence of the Minister Plenipotentiary of the Netherlands Antilles who represents the Netherlands Antilles in the Council of Ministers of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. KLM miniature number 91 40,- 30,-  
KLM miniature number 92 

The new KLM Delft Blue Miniature number 92 is a replica of a gable house 'De Drie Haringen' from the Dutch city of Deventer. 'De Drie Haringen' means 'The Three Herrings' and is located on De Brink 55 in Deventer.

De Drie Haringen was bought by Herbert Dapper in 1567, who made his fortune in the herring business, and was renovated in 1575. Herbert Dapper was part of a guild, and the crest of this guild, three crowned herrings, can still be found at the facade of the building.

The new KLM house has been revealed in the city hall of Deventer, where KLM celebrated their 92nd anniversary on October 7th. All in- and outbound World Business Class passengers will also receive the new house as of this date. KLM miniature number 92 40,- 30,-  
KLM miniature number 93 KLM miniature number 93 40,- 30,-  
De Oudheidkamer, Den Burg (Texel)

The vilage of Den Burg is located on the island of Texel.
During the 16 century, the village was encircled by a wall and a canal. Just a little beyond the canal was a hostel that was built in 1559.
Strangers who had not other place to sleep could be accommodated free of charge. After Den Burg grew and there was no longer any need for a hostel, the house was inhabited by various families until sixty years ago.

Acter its restoration the house became a local history museum. The museum's collection is the result of donations and loans of objects made by the people of Texel. KLM miniature number 94 50,- 35,-  
<< Previous 10 | Next 10 >>